Annual General Meeting of the Canberra Islamic Centre
The purpose of this email is to inform you that the Annual General Meeting of the Canberra Islamic Centre (CIC) will take place as follows:
Date: Saturday, 12 November 2016
Time: following Asar Salaat
Venue: Canberra Islamic Centre - 221 Steele Avenue, Monash, ACT
The businesses of the AGM are:
1. Confirm the Minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting;
2. Report on the activities of the CIC during 2015-2016;
3. Receive and consider the statement of accounts and the reports that are required to be submitted pursuant to subsection 73(1) of the Act;
4. Discuss and decide on motion to make changes to the CIC Constitution. To review the proposed changes go to CIC Website: http://www.cic-anil.org.au/governance
5. Confirm new foundation members;
6. Introduce the members nominated for 2016-2017 Executive Committee, and;
7. Conduct ballet for the election of the new EC for 2016 - 2017. Members who were registered by 30 June 2016 are eligible to vote in the ballet.
Background to the proposed constitutional changes
Over the years the CIC Constitution had become a patchwork of amendments and additions. The Executive Committee has reviewed the entire Constitution with the view to making it robust and more user friendly. Some amendments and certain clarifications are included in the document. These are reflected in red. You will note that the main changes are the addition of a Vision statement, disciplining of members, application forms for Ordinary Members and Foundation Members, management of ancillary units of CIC like the Australian National Islamic Library and the Masjid and Islamic Learning Centre, and the proposal to have at least two female members to be part of the Executive Committee, noting the requirement to promote active participation in the operation and management of CIC. Reference to AFIC has also been deleted.
Members are encouraged to nominate for the Executive Committee (EC) by completing the EC nomination form which is available on the CIC website under 'Forms' tab: www.cic-anil.org.au
We look forward to your attendance at the AGM. Refreshments, tea and coffee will be served. Completed nominations forms must be deposited in the nomination box at the front desk at CIC by 7.30pm on .
At the end of the formal AGM proceedings, dinner will be served and members are requested to bring a plate of food to share.
Canberra Islamic Centre