Updated 26 Sept 2016
With the grace of Allah (S.W.T) the Executive Committee commenced the planning of stage 2 in 2011. With design and planning expertise our Stage 2 development application (DA) was prepared to comply with the new CIC Crown lease and includes the following:
1. a place of worship or a mosque building in two levels that forms part of the Australian National Islamic Library (ANIL) Complex - GFA 812 m2;
2. Religious associated use facilities that include:
• library spaces, lecture/class rooms (for use by ANIL and for religious study) –GFA 127 m2;
• Imam’s consultation room, Imam’s residence and a small kiosk - GFA 108 m2;
• a burial wash room (to wash a dead person before burial) – GFA 13 m2; and
• entry lobbies, circulation, bathrooms and storage areas to support the two primary uses – GFA 238 m2.
3. a minaret structure (a symbolic architectural element with no provision for loud speakers); and
4. 189 hard standing car parking spaces with associated landscaping.
The total GFA of new building development proposed on site is 1298 m2.
The Development Application (DA) submitted to the ACT Planning Authority on Friday 1 February 2013 was approved.The CIC Executive Committee ran a selection process to contract a Project Manager.
To view the final plans open the following PDF drawings:
How Can We Help You? >